Gluten Free Lasagna
(makes 9 servings)
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/2 Onion, diced
2 tsp. Organic Minced Garlic
Salt, Pepper and Basil, to taste
1 c. Organic Spinach
12 oz. Shredded Mozzarella
12 oz. Ricotta Cheese
1 jar Prego Farmers Market Tomato Basil
1/2 pkg. Simply Balanced Gluten-Free Oven Ready Lasagna Sheets
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and minced garlic in a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil until onions are translucent. Brown ground turkey; drain any grease. Add salt, pepper, and basil to taste; set aside.
- Prepare an 8×8″ baking dish with and X pattern of parchment paper (see photo) and add a very light layer of sauce and then a layer of pasta sheets (2 sheets fit perfectly)
- Then add 1/2 the meat mixture and top with a layer of sauce (don’t be shy with it.)
- Add the spinach layer.
- Add a light dollop of sauce over the spinach and then your next two pasta sheets. *I try to alternate direction with the pasta sheets, it seems to hold together best.
- Add your ricotta cheese (be generous) and then sprinkle with half of the shredded mozzarella.
- Add another light layer of sauce and two more sheets of pasta. Then add the remaining meat mixture and another generous amount of sauce.
- Add remaining 2 sheets of pasta and top with a light layer of sauce and remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 f for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- *I like to refrigerate it overnight and then cut it. The parchment paper pulls it right out of the pan and it being cold makes it easy to slice without cheese oozing out. Then just reheat individual portions.